About this group
This special interest group focuses on diversity, multicultural education and global collaboration to give all our students access to participation in their learning, educational systems and world. We believe it is the responsibility of all educators to understand and appreciate the value of diversity and include multicultural education, equity and social justice in their teachings.
The group was formed to:
- Explore and express the value of diversity, inclusiveness and equity that is needed in education
- Be a conduit for having a more global awareness and collaboration
- Disseminate information and educational strategies
- Develop material and activities that eLCC members can share with their institutions
Our objective is to provide technologically mediated educational strategies and opportunities for multiculturalism, diversity, inclusiveness and equity that use and leverage technology.
- Build up resources on website
- Present and discuss at the eLCC Conference
- Monthly Topics
- Online/Hybrid Symposium this year
This group works to inspire thoughtful discussion as well as action aimed to ensure access and opportunities for all learning. We challenge the status quo while providing consistent information and actionable resources to better help educators make equitable choices especially in providing access to their students to alternate viewpoints and voices.
Contact Katie Woodmansee if you are interested being part and collaborating with this group.